POLICIES AND RULES
Students that withdraw from the driver education program prior to completion are entitled to a prorated refund according to the following schedule:
Withdrawal prior to start date: 100% of fees paid.
Withdrawal after start date: 15% of fees paid divided by 30 hours for each hour of classroom instruction not completed.
*85% for fees paid divided by 6 hours for each hour of behind the wheel instruction not completed.
If fees are paid in full at the time of withdrawal, refunds will equal:
Classroom Instructional Hours = 30
Cost of Classroom Instruction = $185.00
Prorated Hourly = $6.16 per hour
Behind the Wheel Instructional Hours = 6
Cost of Behind the Wheel Instruction = $185.00
Prorated Hourly = $30.83 per hour
Refunds will be forwarded to the address on record within 15 days of the date that written notification of withdrawal was received.
Upon withdrawal the student will receive documentation of any completed training on the approved Motor Vehicle Administration form.
This refund policy will be presented to the student and/or adult guardian at the time of enrollment. A signed copy of the policy is mandatory and will be included as part of the student's file. Our refund policy is also prominently displayed in the driving school.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at (240) 318-5301 or by email at email@example.com
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Each student has the right to a certified competent instructor, knowledgeable of the approved curriculum and traffic safety issues. With that right each student has the responsibility to arrive prepared and on time for every class without such distractions as talking or text messaging on cell phones, being disrespectful to the instructor, or talking with other students in class.
2. Each student has the right to be taught the entire 30 hours of classroom instruction in an informative, interesting and challenging manner. With that right each student has the responsibility to be attentive and actively participate in every class.
Each student has the right to experience the full 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction ass required in the curriculum. With that right each student will listen to the instructor and not drive in a negligent or dangerous manner.
3. Each student has the right to be treated in a courteous, civil and respectful manner. With that right students have the responsibility to be polite and respectful to their instructors at all times, and be willing to accept positive criticism to help them achieve driving success.
4. Each student has the right to attend class in a clean, safe, secure, temperature-controlled and fully equipped classroom that meets the local fire and building codes and MVA requirements. With that right each student has the responsibility to respect the property of the driving school by not defacing or destroying equipment or vehicles.
5. Each student and parent/driver coach has the right to visit the driving school, see the instructor's license and certification, and the right to observe any class session including in-car sessions, in which their child included. With that right each parent/driver coach has the responsibility to refrain from interfering with the instruction, classroom or driving, while in the class is in session.
6. Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to have the driver education program, including both the 30 hours of classroom instruction and the 6 hours of required driving time, completed within 18 weeks of the first day of class. With that right each parent/diver coach has the responsibility to take an active role in his/her student driver education by monitoring all progress, communicating with the driving school and/or instructor, and practicing with the student driver if he/she has a learner's permit.
7. Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to place a complaint with the Motor Vehicle Administration regarding problems associated with the driving school or the instructor (the number to call is 410-424-3751) With that right each parent/driver coach and student has the responsibility to attempt to promptly pay the driving school for the driver education class and to attempt to alert the owner or manager of the driving school about any problems or complaints before contacting an outside agency.